The curriculum of Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form comprises a broad and innovative range of learning experiences planned for each student. A personalised curriculum offer, in conjunction with excellent teaching that impacts positively on learning and progress will enable all our students to respond positively to the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- To encourage the best possible progress and the highest academic achievement for all, by setting suitable learning challenges and fully recognising the diverse learning needs of each of our students.
- To provide rich and varied contexts for students to acquire, develop and apply a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills, to encourage a love of learning and a desire for lifelong learning.
- To enable all students to develop their creativity and talents to the full, using our Oracy and Enterprise specialism across the Academy to maximise this potential.
- To personalise our curriculum ensuring it is flexible and appropriate, preparing students for the challenges of a fast-changing world, and their futures as successful citizens for the 21st century
- To promote students' self-esteem and emotional wellbeing through our curriculum, offering opportunities for students to develop their knowledge, understanding and appreciation of their own and different beliefs and cultures.
Students who have not yet achieved English and/or Maths at grade 4 in GCSE (C grade legacy) will be timetabled resit lessons. There is also one afternoon per week of Enrichment covering sport and wider academic study, which will range from attending lectures (including lectures from visiting speakers) to independent study and seeking additional help from teachers in support sessions. Students studying extended diploma pathways will complete in-depth research, resulting to produce detailed coursework assignments. This will help them to prepare for university education.
Level 2 Pathway
Sixth Form students may engage on a curriculum for one year retaking English, Maths and Science with two additional option subjects. Students who are successful may then apply to a level 3 course on offer the next year or apply to an external college or sixth form to access a level 3 course.
Students will also receive a lesson a week in the Prince’s Trust Award which will revolve around these key skills.
- Applications for work/further/Higher Education
- Interview Technique
- Work Experience
- Financial Planning
- Self Confidence
- Literacy and Numeracy
There will also be one afternoon per week of Enrichment covering sport and wider academic study, which will range from attending lectures (including lectures from visiting speakers) to independent study and seeking additional help from teachers in support session.
For further information about our courses, please contact the Sixth Form on 0203 370 9238 or e-mail email@example.com where you will be referred to the appropriate member of staff.