Quality of Education
- To ensure that students have competent and confident Literacy skills to enhance outcomes in all subjects
- To make effective use of additional curriculum time built into new academy timings for intervention sessions for all students who have significant gaps in learning
- To review the HPS6F curriculum in light of delivering T Levels and to look at current resit pathway to develop a Level 2 to Level 3 three year pathway for those students who wish to remain in a sixth form with high level of pastoral care but have no requisite grades to access a level 3 pathway.
- Raise level 2 performance on Stage 1 pathway and Re-sit examinations in English and Maths for Construction and Level 3 students.
- To ensure that all students have secured appropriate destinations for work or further higher education at the end of their tenure at HPS6F
- To develop further an effective student voice for sixth form with introduction of House based Student Council.
Behaviour and Attitudes
- Improve on attitudes towards punctuality and attendance in order to return to Pre Pandemic standards
- To develop strategies to identify and quickly establish therapeutic support for sixth form students with high needs entering the academy.
- To work further on parent engagement with behaviour and attitudes of their son/daughter to work collaboratively to ensure successful outcomes.
Leadership and Management
- To grow the middle leadership group for professional development, training in analysis of data and other analysis to inform the senior team and governors of progress within the subject area and to make appropriate actions to intervene with student performance.
- Teachers of Construction developed in Literacy markingso that students have more opportunities to develop their writing skills, so that students perform better in coursework submissions and are better prepared for their next stage of education, or for work.